Your Travel Experience with Galapagos PRO
Visit of a Shuar community
You drive from Baños to Puyo (by public bus or rental car) and meet there with a member of the indigenous Shuar Community. From Puyo the drive to Palora or Tawasap takes about 1.5 hours drive.
Here you will learn about life of the Shuar Tawasap community, their love of nature, traditions and customs. The community maintains a reforestation program, ensuring the livelihood for their future generations.
Various activities are available on site, including:
- Ritual dance with music and singing
- Traditional face painting
- Presentation of traditional handicrafts
- Dialogue and cultural exchange with the community
- Rainforest visits and bird watching
- Presentation of the community's reforestation program
- Traditional cleansing ritual
- Waterfall tour - a truly mystical place - and a traditional cleansing bath (do not forget to bring your towel and swim gear)