Your Travel Experience with Galapagos PRO
Floreana Island is located directly south of Santa Cruz. Travel time is about 2 hours by boat from the main dock in Puerto Ayora.
The majority of Floreana's well-deserved fame is for the incredible variety of marine life in the area. Divers are likely to get up close and personal with sea lions, tropical and exotic fish, barracudas, black coral, white tip reef sharks, black tip sharks, hammerhead sharks, Galapagos sharks, moray eels, and eagle rays. This tour takes you to two of the islands best dive sites: Champion, and Enderby.
Champion is a small island near to the main island. The drift wall dive with a maximum of 20 meters in depth, is characterised by coral-covered walls that host a plethora of tropical fish, exotic corals, octopuses and seahorses. Here divers will see schools of barracudas, whitetip reef sharks, turtles, and schools of tropical fish.
Enderby dive site, in the crater of an ancient volcano, offers the highest chances of seeing whale sharks during the spring months. The rock formations are interesting to see and this area is full of thich schools of angelfish, surgeonfish and puffers, as well as rays, sea lions, sharks. Importantly, this site hosts a natural cleaning station for sharks and turtles! The maximum depth is 25m (~82ft). There can sometimes be strong currents.
Dive Levels: Beginner / Intermediate / Professional
There are 5 dive boats, starting from Santa Cruz to the different dive sites. Depending on the day you booked a diving trip, we will book the dive boat for you on this day. The divers fall backwards off the stern sides to get into the water and gather behind the boat. The return is easy - hold a solid rope on starboard, hand the boat driver your equipment, and then climb up the ladder.
- Itineraries are subject to the regulations of the Galapagos National Park and may change at any time without prior notification.
Requirements for diving in Galapagos:
- Diving license from an internationally recognized diving school (PADI, NAUI, CMAS, SSI etc.)
- Application form, fully completed and signed
- Medical certificate for health problems and for divers from the age of 55, who have not dived in the last 6 months
- Licensed divers must be 13 years old and must not have reached the age of 70